PV Power & Thermal Energy Generation in the same footprint for Hotels – Solar Cogeneration
By harvesting the free energy from the sun, available throughout the year, these highly efficient commercial solar cogeneration systems can greatly reduce operating costs and carbon emissions. Each solar cogeneration system is custom designed to meet your hotel’s specific needs and application requirements.
Adding energy storage completes a total hybrid solution for maximum savings that combat your demand charges along with energy use charges and natural gas charges.
- Complete systems to offset your electric usage billing charges, electric demand charges, and natural gas energy bill charges.
- Solar preheat for existing hot water supply systems.
- Solar power generation for your complete building.
- Energy Storage ESS to curtail grid power demand charges.
- Dedicated engineering resource for system sizing.
- Dedicated engineering design supports our engineering staff will work closely with architectural and engineering firms to meet specified requirements.
- System power electric diagrams and piping diagrams for PV power and thermal energy storage and interconnections.
- Professional system sizing reports detailing solar contribution, collector area, energy consumption, energy savings, carbon offsets and more with tables and graphical charts that simplify data – provide to customers with proposals, quotations and during presentations.
- Complete renewable energy system for New Construction build or Retrofit.
- Energy metering to confirm system performance and validate solar contribution.
- Energy costs for electric and water heating reduced up to 70% or more.
- Complete systems qualify for a 30% federal tax credit of the total installed costs (no cap) through December 31, 2019.
- State Rebates qualify for up to 40% of the thermal energy system costs through December 31, 2019.
- State Rebates qualify for up to 40% of the energy storage system costs.
- Substantial return on investment and system payback.
- Reduces operating costs – provides a hedge against rising energy costs and inflation.
Expect System Payback:
The average time for the system to pay for itself in commercial setting is about four to seven years. Thanks to a combination of proven solar tech-nologies, the system costs 30% less to install, requires 30% less roof space, and adds 50% longer life to PV Cells as compared to other solar panel system.
How does it work?
The sun produces heat and light that passes through the top PV layer to a Thermal collector on the backside. The PV layer produces electricity more efficiently while the Thermal layer produces indirect hot water simultaneously.
Solar Cogeneration Applications
- Cleaning & Hygiene
- Cooking & Food Preparation
- Fitness Spa Centers
- Pool Heating
- Space Heating
- Boiler Pre-heating
- Carport Shading & Car Protection
- Building Power